Hours of Operation:
- Thursday to Monday 10:00am – 6:00pm
Hours of Operation will be as follows:
- May 20 to June 25, 2023 Weekends only
- June 29 to September 4, 2023 7 days/week. 10:00am – 6:00p
- The Marina will be closed Tuesday August 29 and Wednesday August 30, 2023
WE ARE HIRING FOR THE 2023 SEASON!!
We are hiring for the 2023 boating season at the waterfront location for docks/office personnel, Ice Cream Float, and dock/bobcat drivers. We are looking for energetic individuals who want to work in a fast paced environment while being around the water.
Pete’s Marina Staff: (docks, office personnel, bobcat drivers) spend their time providing information about our services to potential customers, taking reservations, checking customers in and providing rental customers with life jackets and safety instructions. You are pretty much always outside interacting with and assisting customers while communicating with co-workers to ensure the Marina operates safe and smooth in all weather conditions . You will work 8-10 hour shifts, 3-4 day per week. You will be committed to working from June 29 to September long weekend. (Monday, September 4)
REQUIRED / BENEFICIAL SKILLS:
- Boater’s License is a must.
- Boating experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of Lake Windermere and all boating hazards is required.
- Customer service experience required. Point of Sale, accepting card and cash payments.
- Fast learner
- Cleanliness and organized
- Excellent computer skills. Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- You will work 8-10 hours shifts 3-4 days per week.
- Flexible and adaptable to work.
- Provide information about the services and rates, collect payments.
- Respond to customers inquiries in person, by phone and email.
- Completed all contracts accurately.
- Size and distribute life jackets to all those going on board the watercraft.
- Instruct customers on proper and safe operation of the watercraft.
- Clean and prepare the boats before and after rentals.
- Inspect watercraft for damages, maintenance and other repairs.
- Check oil levels on all watercraft daily.
- Monitor the weather and instruct customers on best safety practices.
- Fuel boats, rental and private.
- Ensure marina’s tidiness and organization.
- Be a TEAM player and work with other staff to ensure the marina operates smoothly.
- Learn from those more experienced and communicate your own knowledge and ideas.
Ice Cream Float Staff: spend their day on the water selling ice cream at the beaches and on the lake to the young and old. Confidence and public communication skills (or at least attitude to attain them) are a must. You must be able to work independently, operating a boat safely and smoothly in all weather conditions.
You will be responsible for:
- The ice cream inventory
- Keeping the freezers clean and organized
- Rotating your stock – first in, first out
- Daily cash outs and they must balance
Send your cover letter, resume, and references(3) to [email protected] or hand deliver to Norma at the service location. 1346 Industrial Road #3 Bay 1 Invermere, B.C. phone: 250-342-9625